Partial Client List
- Andrus Family Investment Trust
- Audubon Society
- Banner Bank
- Bitar Family Cos.
- City of Gresham
- City of Vancouver
- Clarion Partners
- Columbia Bank
- Healthcare Realty Trust
- Heritage Bank
- Latham & Watkins
- Maletis Family Office
- Mountain West Bank
- Oregon Transfer Co.
- Providence Health & Services
- PS Business Parks
- Schnitzer Investment Corp.
- Westside Christian High School
- Zidell Family Cos.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry, David Elkins is a proven and established leader. As president of NBS Real Estate Consulting, David has earned a trustworthy reputation for an unbiased approach to all facets of real estate transactions and operations. David began his career at the property level for several assets throughout California and Portland, Oregon. For more than 15 years, David has provided expert testimony, and has served as a receiver, interim resource, project manager and consultant for many clients and property types, including educational, industrial, hospitality, land, medical, office, parking, residential and retail. His work has spanned the continental United States, Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg. Because of such widespread experience, David is an invaluable resource for his clients, prized for his knowledgeable insight, attention to detail and honest expertise.
Prior to joining NBS Real Estate Consulting, David created The Remington Real Estate Group to provide advisory services for owners, investors, lenders and corporate users of real estate. Previous positions have included Chief Asset Officer of Real Estate and Construction for Providence Health & Services, the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. He oversaw a non-acute portfolio totalling more than 20 million square feet spread over five western states. The portfolio, which included most product types, exceeded $300 million in annual construction. In addition to overseeing all acquisition and disposition activity, he led five regional directors to oversee the operating and financial performance, and leasing of all non-acute real estate assets (600+ locations | 2,500+ leases) and project management of all permitted construction projects. As the Senior Investment Manager for Schnitzer West, LLC, David was responsible for a 5 million square foot diverse portfolio throughout the Portland Metro Area. Other previous companies included Ashforth Pacific, Inc., Hines, Bramalea Pacific, Inc. and MaceRich.
Education & Certification
- M.B.A. – University of Oregon
- B.S., business administration – California State University, Fresno
- Building Owners and Managers Institute International – Real Property Administrator (RPA)
- Urban Land Institute – Healthcare and Life Science Council | 2015-2021
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Board Member | 2003-2005
- Building Owners and Managers Association – Board Member | 1999-2003
- Lloyd District Transportation Management Association – Board Member | 1998-2002
Community Service & Memberships
- Warner Pacific University, Board of Trustees | 2012-2019
- The University Club, Member | 2001-2016
Outside the U.S.
Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg